The night markets in Taiwan are some of the best we have come across during our travels through Asia. They are extremely popular with the locals and offer a huge variety of wonderful snacks, shopping and entertainment. Around 70 night markets are found across the whole of Taiwan, and we found pretty much all of the ones we visited were so popular you could barely move around parts of it!
We spent 3 weeks travelling around Taiwan in February 2019 and photographed several of their famous night markets. There are lots of markets in Taipei at night and we visited Shifen, Huaxi, Rahoe, Liaoning and Ningxia Night Markets. Outside Taipei we went to Tainan (Garden Night Market) and Kaohsiung (Liuhe Night Market). Here are some of our favourite travel photography moments from the markets:
FURTHER READING – 10 of the best night markets in Taiwan
Photos taken in Taipei (Shifen, Huaxi, Rahoe and Liaoning) Tainan (Garden Night Market) and Kaohsiung (Liuhe Night Market)
Other Taiwan blog posts
- Top things to do in Taipei, Taiwan for first time visitors
- 10 of the best night markets in Taiwan
- The ultimate Taiwan food guide
- Top things to do in Kaohsiung, Taiwan
- Top things to do in Tainan, Taiwan
- Things to do in Taichung, Taiwan
- Taiwan ‘7-Eleven’ Heaven
- Tasting Taiwan on a Taipei food tour
- Taipei day trip – a visit to Houtong Cat Village
- A trip to the Anping District in Tainan, Taiwan
- Taiwan Chinese New Year – Visiting the Kaohsiung Lantern Festival and Love River
- A Day Trip to Cijin Island in Kaohsiung
- Pier 2 Art Center and Shoushan Love lookout in Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Taiwan Night Markets – words and photography by Caroline Keyzor.
Did you enjoy our Taiwan Night Markets blog post? Let us know in the comments or by sharing it on social media.
Sign up to our newsletter!
Sign up and receive the latest tips via email.
Photography equipment for Taiwan Night Markets
We used the below kit for the photography featured in this post.
Prime lense – Sigma 30mm F1.4 Sony E-mount